Description & Requirements
The Chief Engineer is responsible for ensuring proper operations, maintenance, service and
repair of all equipment, while supporting the set Hospitality goals of guest satisfaction, cost
control and profitability. He/she is also responsible for overseeing and participating in the
Preventative Maintenance program, ensuring that all rooms and public space meet set
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year
college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree
and at least 2 years of related experience.
• Supervisory experience on similar level required.
• Current Certification as required by Federal, State or Local governing agents
pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC, pool operation, electrical),
• Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the hotels boilers and
chillers as required by state, city, and local legislation.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from
disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of
the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns
and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data,
and basic arithmetic functions.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous
and service oriented manner.
• Comply at all times with set Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and
efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food
Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and First Aid
• Train and supervise the hourly Engineering staff and coordinate all scheduling.
• Review Engineering staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to
accounting on a timely basis.
• Focus the Engineering Department on their role in contributing to the guest service
• Respond to employee emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D.
sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available (with Housekeeping Manager).
• Establish ongoing training for all departments especially Housekeeping, Front Desk and
Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of their departments and equipment.
• Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments, using proper procedures for
all purchases and keep all necessary items (light bulbs, name tags, etc.) stocked.
• Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems, including extinguishers, smoke
alarms, etc., to maintain proper safety standards.
• Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy conservation.
• Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
• Ensure that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented and administered
according to set Hospitality standards.
• Evaluate and spot check the work of all staff and contractors or outside laborers.
• Handle guestroom maintenance requests in a timely manner.
• Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause;
determine emergency status and report to Guest Services and/or the General Manager
• Act as emergency contact person.
• Ensure that pool and spa are in compliance with area health codes.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other
employees; Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within department.
• Chair Safety Committee, as well as help coordinate fire drills and the training of all
employees on safety procedures.
• Establish and maintain key control system.
• Conduct daily property tour of the hotel and exterior perimeter for debris and trash
removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
• Hotel (pre-)opening experience
• Experience working in the Caribbean and/or dealing with American guests
• Excellent English language skills is a must, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamentu skills are a big
If you believe that your profile is a strong match, we encourage you to apply. Accepting both
local and international applications.
De Curaçaose Burgerluchtvaart Autoriteit (CBA) binnen de Sector Verkeer en Vervoer van het ministerie heeft ten doel een doelmatige en...Apply For This Job