Description & Requirements
The Catering & Event Service Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting both local and
international companies and organizations for events and catering functions, providing
catering/banquet services to groups with meeting room and catering needs, and
overseeing the servicing of clients. The Catering Manager is also responsible for
meeting or exceeding catering revenues as stated in budget.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 3 years of progressive experience
in a upscale luxury hotel or related field. Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired.
• Must have a proven track record of similar experience in catering and/or event
• Must be proficient in Windows operating systems.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from
disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns
and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and
basic arithmetic functions.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous and service- oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with set Hospitality standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Comply with attainment of individual booking goals.
• Finalize all banquet/meeting details for sales bookings.
• Maintain and solicit sales files for repeat catering business.
• Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements
for catering and meeting business.
• Complete B.E.O.’s for all meeting room functions/catering functions
according to set Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
• Assist Food & Beverage Manager when necessary in supervision of banquet
personnel to ensure group/catering functions are coordinated in a timely fashion.
• Complete banquet portion of forecasting vs. actual comparison.
• Ensure that the Daily Event List, B.E.O./Guarantee Sheet and Ten Day Event Schedule
are generated on a timely basis and ensure accuracy.
• Maintain regular compliance of meeting set call goals.
• Attend and participate in Daily/Weekly Sales Meeting.
• Attend daily B.E.O. meetings.
• Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
• React to negative trends in the market place by implementing blitzes or catering promotions.
• Review banquet recap daily to check for accuracy and maintain Banquet Recap.
• Order all A/V equipment for functions (if applicable).
• Handle inquires as part of Inquire Day Program.
Hotel (pre-)opening experience
Experience working in the Caribbean and/or dealing with American guests
Excellent English language skills is a must, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamentu skills are a big
If you believe that your profile is a strong match, we encourage you to apply. Accepting both
local and international applications.